Hiring a C++ Developer in 2021
C++ is an extension of the conventional C language and one of the world’s most popular programming languages. It offers people the ability to make highly functional and fast websites. It is majorly used to create large applications that have a high performance. The language provides its users with complete control over memory and system resources. C++ also has the ability to reuse existing code, which helps lower project cost in the long run.
What is C++ Commonly Used for?
C++ is a very capable general-purpose programming language. It can be used to create operating systems, browsers, and games, among other things. C++ supports a variety of programming styles such as procedural, object-oriented, functional, and so on.
The C++ Programming Language is commonly used in the following ways:
Computer Operating Systems
C++ is used in various portions of all major operating systems. This includes operating systems such as Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. Because it is a tightly typed and fast programming language, C++ is the backbone of several successful operating systems.
C++ is widely used in the gaming development field because it is one of the quickest programming languages. For functions that demand a lot of CPU power, C++ can provide procedural programming. It’s also quite good at controlling hardware resources. Both are key functions in today’s games.
Because of their speed and performance, the rendering engines powering many web browsers are written in C++.
C++ is the primary programming language behind many high-level libraries. Because of its speed, C++ is used in the backend of many Machine Learning libraries.
C++ is widely used in graphics applications requiring fast rendering, image processing, real-time physics, and mobile sensors.
Apps for Banking
C++ is the backend programming language used by Infosys Finacle, a widely used financial system. Banking apps must process millions of transactions each day and must support high concurrency and low latency. C++ is ideal for these kinds of applications.
Scalable file systems that work close to the hardware are used in cloud storage systems. As a result, C++ is becoming a popular choice for Cloud systems.
C++ is the predominant programming language used in embedded systems such as medical machines and smart devices.
C++ is the backend programming language used by compilers of numerous computer languages.
What to Look for in Different Level C++ Developers?
Let’s divide this into junior and senior level. Since mid-level developers depending on the situation can fit into both aspects, you can signup for services that provides dedicated C++ developers as staff augmentation service.
Junior Level 0–3years Experience
A junior programming role in C++ necessitates the following abilities:
- Excellent programming skills in C/C++ and Unix.
- Understanding of RDBMS databases such as SQL server and Oracle is required.
- Understanding of current software design and development approaches
- Familiarity with current software configuration management (SCM)
- Basic database administration knowledge
Senior Level 4–7years Experience
The following skills are required for a senior C++ developer position:
- Extensive expertise programming code in C/C++ and on Unix systems.
- Should be able to cooperate with web development tools to create new applications.
- RDBMS databases are well-understood.
- Should have prior expertise with integrated development environments (IDEs) such as Eclipse and Visual Studio.
- Expertise in testing tools, techniques, and current SCM
- Should be able to define quality and security criteria and have a thorough understanding of database administration.
Interview Questions to Ask
Consider asking some of the following interview questions when looking to employ a C++ developer:
- What are the difference between C and C++?
- What is the difference between references and pointers?
- Can you explain virtual functions and provide an example?
- Is there a distinction between a class and a struct?
- Is it feasible to have an inline recursive function?
- What exactly are VTABLE and VPTR?
- What are the main differences between Java and C++?
- What exactly are C++ access specifiers?
- What exactly is inheritance?
- Explain the terms volatile and mutable.
- In a C++ programme, how may a C function be called?
Where to find C++ Developers?
There are three options, firstly there are in-house developers that can set you back $65,000 to $120,000 per year depending upon the experience, the second option is Freelancers that will cost you from $25-$150, and lastly, there are staff augmentation companies that provide cheap hourly rates, while taking responsibility for the developers work.